[Dixielandjazz] Dick Hyman with BG (was Benny Goodman, Teddy Wilson, Jess Stacy)

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 09:59:50 PDT 2010

Dear Bill, Harry,
In late April or early May of 1950, Hyman recorded "The Blues" with
BG for the State Department, but I am not aware of any LP issues.  On
14 November 1955, he was  with the Goodman Sextet, accompanying
Rosemary Clooney for Columbia.  Those recordings were issued on LP,
but it seems on 12" rather than 10".  Anyway, that's not what Harry
had in mind.
He was wigh BG again in April 1960 on the Arthur Godfrey Show, but I
do not know whether the sessions have been issued at all.  The same
goes for The Bell Telephone Hour of 25 March 1966.

So, no Capitol.

In any event, 10" issues seem most unlikely.

Best regards