[Dixielandjazz] Benny Goodman, Teddy Wilson, Jess Stacy

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 12 17:01:01 PDT 2010

Harry Callaghan wrote [in part]:
> I have one very late BG trio or quartet recording on a 10" LP.  I don't
> remember the other personnel but I believe it had Dick Hyman on piano.

Dear Harry,
Could it be the Columbia release 'Date With The King' with Rosemary Clooney?
The last 10" LP of Goodman recordings released in the US.  Col CL2572.

Benny Goodman Sextet/Trio:
Buck Clayton (t) Urbie Green (tb) Benny Goodman (cl/vcl) Dick Hyman (p) Aaron Bell (sb) Bobby Donaldson (d) Rosemary Clooney (vcl)
New York. 14 November 1955
It's Bad For Me (rc,bg vcl)
Goodbye (rc vcl)
That's A Plenty
Memories Of You (rc vcl,1)
Note: (1) Goodman, Hyman, Donaldson only.

Benny Goodman Sextet:
Buck Clayton (t) Urbie Green (tb) Benny Goodman (cl) Claude Thornhill (p) Aaron Bell (b) Bobby Donaldson (d)
New York. 6 December 1955
Can't We Talk It Over ?
A Fine Romance

Kind regards,