[Dixielandjazz] FW: Benny Goodman

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 13:20:15 PDT 2010

Dan:

My reference to Benny should by no means be interpreted as bashing.

If he was as cheap, thrifty or whatever as has been reported here,, I'm
pleased to know of someone that I could relate to.(and with me, that is not
an everyday occurrence)

Another story that George T. Simon related that had nothing to do with his
spending habits but rather his forgetfulness;

He said that Benny and another musician had just left a recording session
and walking down a NY street, spotted a convertible parked with its roof
down that had become filled with snow.

Supposedly, Benny remarked, "Poor bastard".  To which the other musician
said,
"Benny, that's YOUR car"

Harry

--
Some men see things as they are and say why....I dream things that never
were and say why not            -