[Dixielandjazz] THE BROTHERS NEWBERGER

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 12:29:03 PDT 2010

Ron:

Yes, they are indeed siblings.

I'm curious, though as to whether you actually played with the New Black
Eagles and if so, was it back when the band was formed by Tommy Sancton?

I have a cassette (God only knows where) that was recorded at some festival
in Sweden circa 1992.  The liner notes explained that Tommy met with Geoff
Bull from Australia and they merged their two bands while performing there.

Never met Eli but am well acquainted as to his musical prowess by way of
some CDs he recorded with Jimmy Mazzy that Henry kindly provided me with.

And, when referring to Henry as "Crazy" I do not mince words.

Harry