[Dixielandjazz] Greatest Bad Singer of them All

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 12:25:14 PDT 2010

Hi Hal et al,

I once met drummer Jack Sperling in the hand over between bands at Sacto many years ago. He had been playing with Big Tiny Little and I was waiting to go on with Fat Sam's Band. We got talking as he stripped his cymbals and snare off the kit and I asked him if it was true that he'd been fired from a Jonathan and Darlene Edwards session for giggling. He said "absolutely, they got in a good reader who thought it was meant to be serious."

Cheers,
Ken Mathieson
www.classicjazzorchestra.org.uk