[Dixielandjazz] Ain't Cha Glad?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 7 20:09:08 PDT 2010

Ric Giorgi replied:
> ........but I asked about the Goodman/Teagarden Ain't Cha Glad because to my ear it has a marching
> resoluteness to it that might well have been just the ticket in getting
> folks through 1933-34

Dear Ric,
Oh dear, I certainly managed to sidetrack myself that time, by misinterpreting your question.
(Not hard for me to do on occasions.)
You asked "I wonder what he would have thought about the Goodman & Teagarden rendition?"
I had in mind how the three, Fats, BG, JT, would have handled it.
To answer your original question.
I think Fats would have liked it.
As I did from the first time I heard it in my teens.
However, I suppose there is a certain positive heaviness in Arthur Schutt's arrangements for the whole session.
Also evident in "Dr Heckle and Mr Jibe", "Texas Tea Party" and "Your Mother's Son-in-law" (with Billie).
Three more long-time favourites of mine.
Very kind regards,
Bill.