[Dixielandjazz] ted heath... a liitle off topic

alevy at alevy.com alevy at alevy.com
Wed Aug 4 18:09:45 PDT 2010

Hi Harry and all who care(?)
The first time I heard Ted Heath LIVE was at
Carnegie Hall. This was an historic event in that
the musicians union (Local 802) and perhaps
the A.F. of M. did not allow foreign bands to play
in the U.S. I forget the year but it must have been
around 1957. What an exciting night!
Other JAZZ debuts at Carnegie that my wife
and I witnessed were Oscar Peterson, introduced as
a young lad from Canada, Maynard Ferguson on tour
with Stan Kenton (also a Canadian). I know there are
more but my mind is blank.
I think you might like listening to a few Ted Heath
arrangements that I copied. If so;
http://alevy.com/heath.htm
Have your speakers on!
Cheers,
Al from Houston Texas (see, I didn't forget)
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com