[Dixielandjazz] RIP Mitch Miller.

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 11:44:44 PDT 2010

Putting the whole Miller/Sinatra thing on the back burner, see if you can
find yourself a means of listening to Stan Freberg's hilarious parody on
Miller's major hit record, "The Yellow Rose of Texas"

I was motivated to give a listen to it yesterday after reading Mitch's obit.

Throughout the recording, he becomes increasingly irritated as he is being
drowned out by what he refers to as a "smart alec Yankee drummer",
threatening to "secede from the band, so help me, Mitch Miller I will"

Another Freberg classic.

Tides,
HC

--
Some men see things as they are and say why....I dream things that never
were and say why not            -