[Dixielandjazz] Musical Road - Lancaster California USA

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Mon Aug 2 08:07:14 PDT 2010

Jamie and Stephen;

This was featured several months ago on several Los Angeles TV stations.
It's not a random effect but one that was designed and created by people
using well-known scientific principles to create sound. This can be seen to
some degree by looking at the road's markings. To learn more about this and
other musical roads, read the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_road

Since the road is only one "instrument", you can bring the rest of the band
in a van and play along. Of course, like a music box, each musical road can
only play a constant musical theme. However, the key could be adjusted by
the speed of your van.

Stan
Stan Brager