[Dixielandjazz] Emmett Berry (was Earle Warren's Jacket)

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Apr 30 17:02:31 PDT 2010

My favorite up-tempo "Old Man River" has to be the 1960 (ish) Count
Basie version - the drum solo by Sonny Payne (?), the fanfare horns -
all great!
This one is very similar to what I have on CD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-EXjNwjQuE  - only  the CD is less
muddy ;-)

Dave Richoux  - still researching the Uke question...