[Dixielandjazz] Earle Warren's Jacket

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 30 14:51:03 PDT 2010

Actually
this isn't about that garment doubtless of fascinating colour (undisclosed by black and white telly) but about the trumpeter I hadn't seen before, other than in a music-reading sessionman capacity with Gil Evans and Miles Davis: Emmett Berry.
Arguably Berry played the greatest of all trumpet solos recorded in the 1940s.
The label was SAVOY and I thought Bill Haesler would have fun telling us the name of the track.
It's not a long solo, but ...    Yikes!

thanks for the links o peerless benefactor who passed on the links!!!!