[Dixielandjazz] Women in Jazz

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 10:31:44 PDT 2010

Today I came across some youtube videos with Laurie Frink on trumpet, playing with Benny Goodman.A very good rhythm section on this date with Bob Haggart and Louis Bellson.
Laurie seems to have had quite an impressive career, playing with several top name big bands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vtH4s9tAHE
It looks like she is playing lead or second trumpet here.
Another all girl band is Alice in Dixieland : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ZL2pJnX6Y
And of course I should not forget Slidin' Selena and Lielian Tan from my own band :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwyAYT-nO_4
Enjoy!
Bert Brandsmawww.dixielandcrackerjacks.com