[Dixielandjazz] Calling Dutch and Flemmish listamtes

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 05:57:28 PDT 2010

Thanks.  I have the LP to which you refer.  I know there've been other
recordings.
The liner says that the leader Robert Veen considered himself a
bopper.  I must have heard him say that he was "a bopper at heart."
Luckily, that's where he keeps it!  The band itself tried to revive
early big bands of the 1920's.
I have heard Rober Veen quite a few times, and he played much better
than on the LP in question.
Cheers