[Dixielandjazz] Calling Dutch and Flemmish listamtes

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 22 02:34:17 PDT 2010

> I have two Dutch LPs by bands with Dutch names: Het Fluitekruidt
> (there was also a folk group Fluitekruidt) and Zjarrete'l.
> I am seeking a translation of the names.

Dear Marek,
I am surprised that Gerard Bielderman has not come to your aid regarding this one.
In the meantime, I have the following details for each band.

Het Fluitekruidt (Dutch). Cat LP47.
Martin Wiersma (c) Henk Meenk (t) Victor Bronsgeest (tb/vcl) Robert Veen (as,cl) Hans Bosch (ts/cl) Kees de Graaf (p) Frits Moolenaar (bj,cl) Cor Hoppenbrouwer (sousa) Rein Niemeijer (d)
Assen, November 8, 1981
    Peggy
    Sophisticated Lady
    Who's Blue ?
    Travelling
    Cherry
    Borneo
    Shake It and Break It
    Freez' and Melt
    Can I Tell You ?
    Louisiana Swing
    Do Something

Assen, January 22, 1982
    Hornitology    Cat (Du)LP47
    Old Shoes       -

In his Keep Swinging Blog dated 28 November 2007 listmate Hans Koert provided the following information:
AT RANDOM:
Hittin' the Bottle ( Koehler - Arlen ) - DUTCH PALLADIUM ORCHESTRA.
This Dutch band played up to 1995 as Het Fluitekruidt.

A Google search then let me to:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv8-h6931FI&feature=related
It was recorded 4-5th February 1995 at the Stonesound Studio Kruisland (Nl). Released on a Feel The Jazz CD FTJ CD 32 as the Dutch Palladium Orchestra-Rhythm Is Our Business.

Zjarretel (Dutch)
Fred de Ron, Michel Jansen (c/vcl) Peter Wierckx (tb) Kees Thijssen, Rob Musters, Jos Havermans (cl/saxes) Hans Kok (p) Arno Hagenaars (bj) Ton Verheezen (tu) Christ van Raaij (wbd)
Live "Botte Hommel", Bergen op Zoom, January 19, 1985
    Clap hands ! Here comes Charlie    SDL (Du)79

Roosendaal, January/February 1987
    Low Down On the Bayou    Feel the Jazz (Du)3588134
    Vo-do-de-o Blues
    Bouncing Around
    Bombay
    Peggy