[Dixielandjazz] nano pod

pj.ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 15 04:04:17 PDT 2010

Hi,
I mentioned a few days ago that I had bought an i-pod preloaded with 20,30,40 music and promised to report back.
The numbers are very wide ranging. From Noel Coward, Binnie Hale to Brit WW11 bands of which you have probably never heard.
Let me just spin the wheel at random
Dinah Shore, Gillespie, Gigli,  Django , Doris Day, Dorsey Bros, Ellington, Earl Hines, Eddie Cantor, Edith Piaf, Ella, Ella mae Morse, Fats Navarro,  Waller, Fletcher Henderson,Frances Langford,Sinatra, Astaire, Trumbauer, Freddy Gardner. Krupa, Geraldo, Glen Gray, Miller, Harry James, Harry Roy, Helen Forrest, Hoagy, Inkspots, Teagarden, Venuti. Nat Cole Trio, Goodman, Andres Sisiters, Boswell Sisters, Stuff Smith, Chick Webb, Teddy Wilson, Herman,Calloway,Rollini, Johnny Dodds, Berrigan.Williy the Lion Smith.

To name but a few!

Well pleased. I have another 8 gigs worth of room to download anything else. If I can think of anything which isn`t already there.
This device also has radio reception and a camera., Favourites list, a few games,a diary, a calendar. Memo pad,

To anyone into Brit Bands there are dozens. Henry Hall. Fox, Gonella, Billy Cotton,Jay Wlibur, Carroll Gibbons, Al  Bowlly etc

Not cheap at around £300 but with over a thousand preloaded tunes from Noel Coward to George Formby and Victor Sylvester, I reckon that its is good value.
Now to get a dock of some sort, learn how to connect to my car and to my hi-fi.
Incidentally the stuff has all been cleaned up, scratches and so forth removed, and although i haven`t heard it through decent speakers yet, only through the earpieces, i reckon the quality is pretty good. There is a Shuffle facilty and I listened to about 4 hours yesterday without a repeat.

Cheers

Pat