[Dixielandjazz] Long Songs

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 09:12:39 PDT 2010

First of all, dixieland is not considered art by the majority of the people.There is no audience that is willing to listen to one piece in Dixieland style that lasts that long.Another reason is that in order to play violin for 6 hours is one thing, but try the same on the trumpet......
One of the first longer pieces of music with some tradjazz influences is of course Rhapsody in Blue... so there are some ideas in that direction.After that, Whiteman, who asked for the piece to Gershwin, tried several new attempts, but never close is matters of succes.

Kind regards,
Bert Brandsmawww.dixielandcrackerjacks.com