[Dixielandjazz] The Beatles' music

J. D. Bryce brycejd at comcast.net
Mon Apr 12 20:50:24 PDT 2010

Call me crazy, but Harry Faversham is the name of the lead character in the
1939 movie classic, "The Four Feathers;" which was immeasurably better than
the recent remake.  In the movie, Harry received four white feathers, the
mark of a coward when he resigned his commission rather than go with his
regiment to take part in Kitchener's expedition to retake Khartoum in 1898.
The resulting battle of Omdurman was a classic battle of medieval fanatacism
decimated by modern weaponry.  Winston Churchill lead a cavalry charge in
the battle as I recall.

I know it ain't OKOM but there it is.  I cannot imagine how the name relates
to trad.

Jack Bryce