[Dixielandjazz] How much trad jazz do you listen to

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Apr 12 10:42:24 PDT 2010

I also used to listen to much more Trad, Ragtime, Novelty and Early
Big Band in preparation for my weekly show, but now that I am not on
the air as much, my listening patterns have changed.

Right now I listen to a lot of "Honk!" bands (brass and percussion
modern marching bands playing Klezmer, Balkan Brass, New Orleans
Brass, Bollywood, Funk, Rock, etc. - a good list at http://honkfest.org/all-bands/
  ) and  old-time string bands, jug bands and historical brass bands.
By "a lot" I mean 75% of my musical listening would be in those
categories.

Dave RIchoux