[Dixielandjazz] [Dixieland jazz] Used to be about mouldy fig newtons

Rhonda Puntney rpuntney at lakeshores.lib.wi.us
Mon Apr 12 09:51:26 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

This is a very interesting discussion thread - I listen to a variety of
stuff (the 80s tunes from my undergrad days, show tunes, big band, swing,
doo wop) - but primarily trad jazz, New Orleans brass bands, and barbershop!

I usually listen online to a jazz station from New Orleans in my office, CDs
or my iPod in the car or at home.  Frequently in the car it's a learning
track for whatever new tune my Sweet Adelines chorus is currently learning
or something I need to work on for breath support or pitch (and usually
both).

Cheers,
Rhonda

Rhonda K. Puntney
Youth Services and Special Needs Consultant
Lakeshores Library System
725 Cornerstone Crossing, Suite C
Waterford, WI  53185
Office:  262-514-4500 x67
Fax:  262-514-4544
Cell:  262-758-0324
rpuntney at lakeshores.lib.wi.us
http://www.lakeshores.lib.wi.us/
http://llsmwflschildrens.blogspot.com/
2010-12 Association for Library Services to Children Division Councilor
2010 Wisconsin Library Association President-Elect