[Dixielandjazz] Used to be about mouldy fig newtons

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 09:41:13 PDT 2010

Many years ago, I saw Paul Newman as a guest on Dave Letterman's program.

They were discussing the different food products bearing his name and the
fact that all the net proceeds went to charity.

Following that, shown on the screen was a package of Fig Newmans, which were
apparently just being introduced to the market.

I could never find them in the cookies & crackers aisle of any of my local
supermarkets and then determined that it was a joke cooked up by the staff's
writers and their art department had created the package facsimile.

It was just a short while ago, that I accidentally discovered Fig Newmans in
the healthfood aisle, so they are for real.

But I still don't know what is VIRGIN lemonade?

Tides,
HC