[Dixielandjazz] Isradixie

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 15:57:10 PDT 2010

Just back from another Isradixie show.
I cannot understand how these guys, after all these years together,
continue to improve!
And, once again, I must commend Avram Felder ("Agashkin" for any
rRussian listmates), the leader, for his constant variations on the
introduction of "West End Blues."  I must have heard hundreds, if not
thousands, of performances, and all the trumpeters quoter Armstron
verbatim (if one can say so of musical performance).  Not Felder; he
always varies it, and his imagination appears endless!  There is
always a hint of the Armstrong intro, but the way he played it tonight
sounded more different than ever, and I could hardly tell what it
would be!  Truly amazing!
Cheers