[Dixielandjazz] Jazz violinists (was Aaron Weinstein)

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu Apr 8 20:13:18 PDT 2010

My personal musicological thought on this topic is that the term
"Fiddler" is much more appropriate a word for the operator of this
instrument when Jazz and Violins are related. Discounting some
possible suggestive (and slightly off-color) remarks from the UK (and
Colonials, other than the States) I think this more populist
terminology should be utilized for this particular combination of
instrument and musical style.

You may disagree, but since Jazz is obviously often regarded as "The
Devil's Music" and it has been proven countless times that the Devil
plays a Fiddle (not a Violin,)  my choice of terminology is much more
appropriate.

;-)

Dave Richoux