[Dixielandjazz] Jazzology, etc.

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 16:24:24 PDT 2010

Hello folks,
My friend Donna returned from the States last Wednesday, bringing yet
another batch of Jazzology CDs.  At tonight's jazz evening we played
two - The Wild Bill Davison Centennial Concert (JCD 376), and CD 1 of
the two CD set by the Chicago Loopers featuring Frank Chace.
The enthusiasm was such that people stayed till almost 1AM, even those
who usually leave at midnight!
True, we were as enthusiastic about Saturday Bight Function by the Jim
Beebe's band, on Delmark.
I have also heard a part of   Ray Skjelbred CD (cannnot recall the
title at present - it's Donna's, not mine) and found it equally good.
Both the Centennial and the Skjelbred feature listmate Katie Cavera.
Cheers