[Dixielandjazz] Music for the Kentucky Derby

Hillesheim, Jim jwh at ku.edu
Sat Apr 3 07:28:46 PDT 2010

 Kentucky Sunrise, the cocktail, promoted, as I recall, by Bourbon-maker
Jim Beam, also comes to mind and would seem appropriate to the occasion.
But back to music, a version of this two-step march by the New Colombian
Brass Band may be found on their CD titled "Thatsum Rag!" issued in 1999
(Dorian 93165).

Cheers,
Jim Hillesheim
Lawrence, Kansas