[Dixielandjazz] Information

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 14:10:45 PDT 2010

A few years ago I acquired an LP by a band with the discouraging name
"Modern Sound Orchestra" (Musikland MULP 5505).
However, there were encouraging factors: the title was "Dixieland
Party," the repertoire was adventurous (i.e. - only one warhorse), and
the price was about 25 cents.
The tunes are:
Street Parade Now
Samantha's Blues,
Pall Mall Blues
Frankie and Johnny
I Don't Know
The Taste of Rhythm
A Brand New Girl
Hot Dog Stomp
The Low Prairie BluesChinese Egg Roll.
No other information is given.
It's well played, unpretentious dixieland, probably by a German band,
with good stereo separation.  All said, a pretty good buy (with that
repertoiare, I'd have bought it for $10 as well).
Any ideas?
Happu Easter to all Christian listmates,
Marek