[Dixielandjazz] Charlie Mussen follow-up

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Fri Apr 2 05:42:36 PDT 2010

>I could have sworn that I heard of Charlie Mussen's untimely demise
>decades ago, but I have since made contact with Danny D'Imperio,
>drummer/bassist on that LP, and learned that Charlie lived until 2007; see

         http://www.amherstbee.com/news/2007-07-02/obituaries/039.html

Also, says Danny, the sessions for that LP were done in 1979, so it
was either five years in the birthing, or Lord's "c. 1984" is off,
presumably the latter.

But I'd still be happy to make contact with Charlie's survivors and
offer them the remastered LP-CD.

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org