[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 81, Issue 26

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 22 13:43:59 PDT 2009

>  Nancy Doran Giffin <nancyink at surewest.net>
>
> Happy Birthday, Steve B.
>
> That event you have on the 25th sounds like a good place to celebrate.

Thanks Nancy. Yeah, The Church of the Loving Shepherd is a neat place.
It is a non-denominational church, built inside a big old converted
Chester County PA Barn. Lovely acoustics. They even have a restored
wooden pipe organ which was used with us a couple of years ago on a
tribute to Duke Ellington. The only time I read a music score in the
last 20 years. It is a wonderful instrument and was played by a master
organist. They are starting a monthly musical program and this is a
fund raiser.

BTW, the other night before my birthday, we did an upscale retirement
complex in New Jersey. One of the oldest in the area and with a very
old average age. Our guitarist mentioned to them that the next day I
would be 76. At the end, an 87 year old gal came up and said: "Enjoy
the rest of your seventies young man they are a great time of life,
but the eighties suck." I replied with a grin that it was more than I
wanted to know.

Cheers,
Steve barbone