[Dixielandjazz] Natural Gas JB in Oz

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Fri Sep 18 14:14:59 PDT 2009

Glad you all had a great time Phil. Nice to have you back  though. We'll
see you next month at Pismo.

Jazz Hugs

Judie

In a message dated 9/18/2009 1:47:30 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pcrums at gmail.com writes:

*TRAD  JAZZ: Alive & well in Australia*

* *

Natural Gas Jazz Band,  accompanied by nearly two dozen fans and friends,
recently completed a  memorable two week tour of Australia. A weekend
festival in Newcastle was  followed by a midweek concert in Sydney featuring
Bob Barnard.  Next  was a concert for the Brisbane Jazz club, then the tour
concluded with  another three-day weekend festival in Noosa.  A good turnout
of  enthusiastic traditional jazz fans, the majority of them age 50 or
over,
was evident at nearly all trad venues. It was my impression that  there was
generally more enthusiasm and better attendance for Our Kind Of  Music in
Australia than we have experienced at similar events here in the  U.S. in
recent years.

See our website, ngjb.com, for photos and  details.

Phil (is this a great mailing list, or what?)  Crumley