[Dixielandjazz] Natural Gas JB in Oz

pcrums pcrums at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 13:46:10 PDT 2009

*TRAD JAZZ: Alive & well in Australia*

* *

Natural Gas Jazz Band, accompanied by nearly two dozen fans and friends,
recently completed a memorable two week tour of Australia. A weekend
festival in Newcastle was followed by a midweek concert in Sydney featuring
Bob Barnard.  Next was a concert for the Brisbane Jazz club, then the tour
concluded with another three-day weekend festival in Noosa.  A good turnout
of enthusiastic traditional jazz fans, the majority of them age 50 or over,
was evident at nearly all trad venues. It was my impression that there was
generally more enthusiasm and better attendance for Our Kind Of Music in
Australia than we have experienced at similar events here in the U.S. in
recent years.

See our website, ngjb.com, for photos and details.

Phil (is this a great mailing list, or what?) Crumley