[Dixielandjazz] Josephine and Katie in New Jersey

doctordubious at verizon.net doctordubious at verizon.net
Tue Sep 15 13:22:40 PDT 2009

Katie Cavera wrote on Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:44:17 -0700 (PDT)

From: Katie Cavera <kcavera at sbcglobal.net>

Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Josephine in New Jersey & Sock Monkey in Vienna

Hello! Today I'm packing for my trip to New Jersey for the American premiere
of "Looking For Josephine"! I leave tomorrow for an 8 day run of the show.
The band is under the direction of David Boeddinghaus (piano) and includes
Chris Tyle (cornet), David Sager (trombone), Otis Bazoon (reeds), James
Alsanders (drums), Tom Saunders (tuba, string bass, bass sax) and myself
(guitar & tenor banjo). The cast includes singers, dancers, and of course
Nicolle Rochelle doing a fabulous job recreating Josephine Baker. For more
on the show visit:

 <http://www.alarecherchedejosephine.fr/>
http://www.alarecherchedejosephine.fr/

[Tom} Five of us from Dr. Dubious will be there on Friday night in the very
first row . . . close enough to throw peanuts into the pit. Break a leg!!

::snip:: Also I wanted to let you know that my latest adventure with Sock
Monkey is now on YouTube.

Follow this link:

 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMgGhzRlDRs>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMgGhzRlDRs

or go to YouTube and search for Viennese Sock Monkey. I filmed this on my
last tour with "Josephine" and I think it shows some nice highlights of the
city. I probably won't be creating "Sock Monkey in New Jersey" but I may
send a travel email home...and of course I'll take Sock Monkey just in
case....you never know... ::end snip::

[Tom] If they won't let him sit in the pit with you, Barbara Dreiwitz will
hold him in her lap :-)

Best  regards,

Tom Duncan
Doctor Dubious and the Agnostics
PO Box 2118      Teaneck, NJ 07666
P   (201)836-6076     FAX   (201)833-4143
www.doctordubious.com <http://www.doctordubious.com/>

 <http://www.digstation.com/AlbumDetails.aspx?albumID=ALB000024164>
Our CD "Hot Jazz" available at venues or through CD Baby
<http://cdbaby.com/cd/ddta> http://cdbaby.com/cd/ddta

For mp3 download of individual tunes or full album
http://www.digstation.com/AlbumDetails.aspx?albumID=ALB000024164