[Dixielandjazz] Tenor Guitar

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 15 14:22:46 PDT 2009

Hey, I would suggest calling it whatever Jules wants to call it   (grin)
because your group sounds great and his playing is a great fit with  your
sound!

I think the name tenor guitar evolved from tenor banjo which evolved from
tango banjo.  The violin is actually tuned for soprano range, the viola for
alto range-- but standard tenor banjo or guitar tuning is identical to the
viola.  Range for tenor tuned instruments is the C below middle C to
(roughly) the "E" 3 1/3 octaves above that bottom C.  So, to me, it's  kind of a
'go figure' situation.
Ginny

In a message dated 9/15/2009 4:07:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time,