[Dixielandjazz] Retirement Home Gig

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 15 11:55:33 PDT 2009

Pat, you are quoting lyrics from a great tune, entitled, "Old Bones".   The
neatest experience I have had with that one was to start playing it one
Friday afternoon at a nursing home Happy Hour.  (Nice place with an actual
bar.)  Anyhow a whole group of ladies got all excited saying they were  using
that tune in their line dancing class.  So we got them up  front and dancing
for the room.  This was a tune very much associated  with the late George
Burns: <_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh6saG57kPE_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh6saG57kPE) >

Ginny

In a message dated 9/15/2009 6:47:11 A.M. Central Daylight Time,