[Dixielandjazz] Retirement Home Gig

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Sep 15 10:20:39 PDT 2009

 Pat Ladd wrote:

> And that is why, oh why, I am so melancholy.
> I got those mean old Melancholy Blues.
>
> A great tune to improvise on and means so much to the Nursing Home crowd.>>
>
> Oh great!
>
> Just the thing to cheer up the poor old sods.

I recorded that song, "Melancholy Blues" on my Great Pacific JB recording.  I only have cassettes and LPs left but am in the process of reissueing it on CD again.  Should be out in a couple months.  You can see it at and hear a couple songs from it at:

www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

> What about that song the
> title of which I have forgotten which goes
>
> Yes! I`d do it again
> Though I may not amount to more than I`ve ever been
> Give me the chance to turn back the clock
> And let my life begin
> Oh Yeah! I`d do it again.
>
> At least it gives the idea that things were good once, not just sitting on
> your backside thinking how bloody awful everything is

I also recorded this one.  It is titled "Old Bones."

It is on my Fulton Street JB CD and can also be seen at www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

It is also available at World's Records and on CD Baby.

--Bob (Now which end of this piano do I blow into?) Ringwald

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4427 (20090915) __________

http://www.eset.com