[Dixielandjazz] Retirement Home Gig

pj.ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 15 04:30:56 PDT 2009

And that is why, oh why, I am so melancholy.
I got those mean old Melancholy Blues.

A great tune to improvise on and means so much to the Nursing Home crowd.>>

Oh great!

Just the thing to cheer up the poor old sods.  What about that song the
title of which I have forgotten which goes

Yes! I`d do it again
Though I may not amount to more than I`ve ever been
Give me the chance to turn back the clock
And let my life begin
Oh Yeah! I`d do it again.

At least it gives the idea that things were good once, not just sitting on
your backside thinking how bloody awful everything is

>From an old `un (not in a nursing home yet)

Pat