[Dixielandjazz] father walker?

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 6 04:45:13 PDT 2009

Like a dog walker?
taking for strolls those reverend gents who also wear dog collars?
like the victim of Korsakoff's syndrome in the sit-com FATHER TED.
I can't at the moment recall the character's name, but

and I thank Bill Salmond for observing anent Edinburgh that Ryrie's bar is not the Haymarket bar.
They were separated by a handsome station entrance and a very small Starbucks when last I was in the vicinity. Of course spending too long in either blurs more than the difference between them . . . .