[Dixielandjazz] Great Moments in Jazz (or not)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 2 18:23:31 PDT 2009

Lowell Busching pointed out:
> Not just those mentioned, but also workers trying to get their jobs
> done and go home or to bed also. Not to mention parking structures
> closing before you can get there after extended overtime finishes.

Dear Lowell,
Silly me!
8>)
In my condemnation of selfish and unprofessional musicians, I
overlooked the workers behind the scene.
Thank you for reminding me about these essential people.
Nor did I comment on the one-eyed groupies as, fortunately, we do not
seem to have this problem at Australian jazz concerts/festivals.
We do, however, get 'happy' customers at our regular Sunday afternoon
pub job, who don't want us to stop at the scheduled 6.00 pm finish.
"More, more" they shout.
The last thing we want to do after a solid 3-hour afternoon gig.
So, the band members smile and pack up while I thank these enthusiasts
for their support with "you should have turned up earlier." I then
invite them back next week for the 3.00 pm start.
Never any problem.
Very kind regards,
Bill.