[Dixielandjazz] Eddie Metz SR.

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Sep 2 17:09:24 PDT 2009

This from Eddie Metz Jr.

----

It is with a heavy heart to let you know that my dad passed away yesterday (Sept.
1). He was really sick after getting home from the Bix festival on July 26. He had
endured an operation on Aug. 1 to remove part of his colon, his spleen and appendix.
Most or probably all of  his problems stemmed from diabetes and not dealing with
it properly. Let me put it this way. He was diagnosed 30 years ago and didn't start
on insulin until 2 years ago. After the operation, he was sedated and on a ventilator
for 4 of the last 5 weeks. I went to Pennsylvania directly after Scotland on Aug.
24 (which was wonderful but I'll tell you another time about that) so I got to spend
a lot of time with him. He was awake (but could not talk) and not quite all there
but I did get to spend some time and say the things I needed to say to him, all of
it good. I think he understood.     He was just a total physical mess and it is a
blessing. Mom finally said enough is enough.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
rsr at ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551

Check out our latest recording at www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

"I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that
money can buy."  --Steve Martin

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4390 (20090902) __________

http://www.eset.com