[Dixielandjazz] Ed Metz Sr passes away

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Wed Sep 2 16:17:28 PDT 2009

I'm so sorry to hear this!  I met Ed once, but I had a kind of encounter with him before that when I posted here that a local radio show was going to have a segment featuring the original Bob Crosby Orchestra and the Bob Cats.  Ed sent the host a couple of CDs which he then added to the program.  A few months later I finally met him at the Elkhart festival, and he proved to be as nice a person as I gathered he was from his postings here.  RIP Ed.

Hal Vickery