[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Droopy & Pee Wee Runt

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 27 15:19:36 PDT 2009

  M J (Mike) Logsdon wrote:
> The copyright appears, though blurry, to be MCMLIII.

Dear Mike,
My source was 'Jazz In The Movies" by David Meeker, which surprised
me, as I would have thought it was earlier.
Wikipedia is even more specific:
"Dixieland Droopy is a 1954 animated short subject in the Droopy
series, directed by Tex Averyand produced by Fred Quimby for Metro-
Goldwyn-Mayer. Dixieland Droopy was produced simultaneously in the
Academy ratio and in Cinemascope as well."
and adds "Release date(s)	December 30, 1954".
However IMDb provides 4 December 1954 as the US release date.
Which would be in time for the holiday season.
Kind regards,
Bill (a fellow-pedant).