[Dixielandjazz] Pub jazz

andy.ling at quantel.com andy.ling at quantel.com
Mon Oct 26 04:32:54 PDT 2009

Pat Ladd wrote on 25/10/2009 17:57:57:

>  Will young musicians be able to find ther outlets to hone their
skills?>>

> certainly pubs are closing down. There are 6 for sale in my nearest
town.
> There do seem to be places for yougsters to play. Some pubs who wouldn`t

> have employed my band have groups of kids hammering out all sorts of
noise..

There is also the change to the entertainment licensing laws that happened
a few years ago. If a pub didn't have a license prior to the changes then
it has become a nightmare to get one.

My local pub was quite keen to set up a regular music night, but when the
landlord looked into the requirements for getting an entertainment license
he gave up. There were a mass of forms to fill in, a not insignificant
fee and all sorts of rules that had to be conformed to.

So if you have a pub with live music, make sure it keeps going, or you'll
loose it.

Andy Ling

--

This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.
Registration No: 4004913
Contact details for all Quantel Offices and Companies can be found on our
website www.quantel.com or by writing to the holding company.
Registered address: Turnpike Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2NX, United
Kingdom