[Dixielandjazz] purists & coffee and Jazz

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sun Oct 18 09:54:30 PDT 2009

If you think it is hard to get a good up of coffee, try ordering tea.  Even
in so called "upscale" restaurants here in New England you usually get a cup
of tepid water with a tea bag on the side.  I can count the times on one
hand that I've been served tea in a pot hot enough to suggest that it was
scalded before boiling water was poured over the tea.  And ordering it from
a fast food place is dismal.  The water is probably cooler and it is in a
paper cup.  If you want milk with it, they add it before the tea has a
chance to make its weakened life noticeable in the lukewarm water. Ugh.
Anyone else here a fan of King Cole tea from Canada?  I am lucky enough to
have friends who will bring a box or two of this great tea to me whenever
they travel to Canada.

Ron L