[Dixielandjazz] purists

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Oct 15 09:07:16 PDT 2009

>I have fond memories of my days as a unreconstructed purist, but I'm glad
to have opened up to most of the sounds of different styles with just the
desire to hear it played well.
Ken Gates

That's the point I was trying to make in several of my posts, Ken.  I prefer
the strong, Spanish expresso coffee to an American cup, but that doesn't
mean I don't enjoy the U.S. cup when I am there.  I just don't try to
compare things that are not comparable.  They are different, although they
come from the same source.  Much the same with our music.

Jim