[Dixielandjazz] Time Travel & Firehouse Five + 2

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:30:12 PDT 2009

Unfortunately, American cartoons (or films) were not screened in
Communist poland from 1949 to 1957 or so (except for classics like
Bambi).
However, I know them (and lod films that had lots of jazz in them) to
have an impact.  A good friend of mine, who has since become a jazz
collector, told me that this was the music of her youth, because of
all those old films shown on the box.
And some featured the "real thing" (Armstrong's "You Rascal You" on \
Betty Boop cartoon, for example).
Cheers