[Dixielandjazz] Body & Soul ~ Barboned

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 11 16:21:36 PDT 2009

Wonderful post Steve.

The transcription saves me time, I'll print it off and follow the score.
When I had a go myself at transcribing years ago now, Hawk featured a lot. To save time I only wrote the letters on a small stiff card. Louise was one (Keynote) Sunny Side (Keynote). Also did Emanuel Paul's solo folks from Eureka BB (tenor players all - and I'm a trumpeter).The saxophone being easier of course (ouch). Talking of the Keynote session I loved S'Wonderful and because of this would play this tune on my trad gigs. I grafted a Brownie lick for an intro. I'll try not to be influenced in my report (talk about pomposity eh).
Some of what you have brought to the table confirms some things I've noticed too. If you can look at Humph's accurate and to the point discussions in Jazz Greats too, especially annd obviously Hawk's Soul.

Richard