[Dixielandjazz] What Friends are for ...

pj.ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 10 05:03:41 PDT 2009

This was apparently the musical that made Julie Andrews a Broadway star at
age 23.  ..

I remember seeing Julie when she was about 13.I was abouit the same age.
Her parents, Ted and  Barbara were a well known Music Hall act. He played
the piano and they sang duets as far a s I remember. Julie stood with her
feet together in button up shoes and white socks wearing a school uniform
type of outfit. This was the beginning of the Julie Andrews saga.

Incidentally The Boyfriend is a good show with toe tapping music. Twiggy
took the lead in a later film version.

Cheers

Pat