[Dixielandjazz] For Steve Barbone ~ Lou Terrasi's

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Oct 9 16:51:03 PDT 2009

  Marek Boym wrote regarding the comment from:
> <richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com>
>> Few years back they issued live sessions (thought all sessions are
>> live) broadcasted in around 1952. ......Boy can he play, listen to
>> My Gal Sal. Your'll find on it the  well known Buster Bailey (not a
>> favourite of mine - too weedy a sound) and Herb Fleming (who goes
>> back a bit) and Kenny Kersey.
>
> Are you sure as to the date?

Dear Marek,
The sessions from Terrasi's, referred to by Richard, were broadcast in
December 1951/January 1952 and issued on CD in the Danish Storyville
'Doctor Jazz Series".

>  In later years, Buck Clayton played with Eddie Condon.  I don't
> know how many recordings have been issued, but
> there is a very good album recorded in Japan, with Jimmy Rushing's
> singing.

Only one recornin with Condon.
Recorded at a concert in Tokyo on 24March 1964. The band was returning
home from its tour of Australia and New Zealand.
I will never forget my 'lost weekend' while they were in Melbourne.
And my long afternoon listening to Buck Clayton and Jimmy Rushing
catching up about the old days.
An earlier Dot LP, 'Pee Wee Russell Plays' (that included Condon) was
recorded on 24-25 Feb 1959. Now available on CD.
Very kind regards,
Bill