[Dixielandjazz] Much More Panama

andy.ling at quantel.com andy.ling at quantel.com
Thu Oct 8 02:38:53 PDT 2009

Brian Wood wrote on 07/10/2009 19:12:58:

> The next time I hear a British band announce  "Panama Rag" and
> then play "Panama" I shall scream.

Being of a British persuasion, I thought I better make sure
I know what is what. So I did some searching and now
have no idea :-)

I've listened to the Professor Bill MIDI file of Panama,
which I assume really is Panama. I then did a video
search for Panama Rag, which turned up this lot :-

http://tinyurl.com/y9uesp5

Having listened to several of these, they all sound like
the Prof. Bill Panama (They are still worth a listen
though ;^)

So what does Panama Rag sound like? We have no chance of getting
things right when there is so much evidence pointing at the wrong
thing GIGO (Garbage In Garbage Out)

Andy Ling

--

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.