[Dixielandjazz] Sheik ~ Banjoists ~ Clarinettists ~ Tell Me Your Dream ~ Luis Russell

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 7 14:36:14 PDT 2009

Sheik ... I've searched my hard copies and no Panama. I'll hunt it down if I can. A Cover of it can found on a Hula site, I will pass that onto you.
For Brian (Pedant) the full title I beleive is "You Tell Me Your Dream, and I'll Tell You Mine". Nice one about Luis Russell and birth place I'll commit to memory.
For Steve Barbone ~ I love Raymond Burke's sound, how's that achieved ~ ear, reed, instrument, all and more?
For the banjoists, why to my ears, does George Guesnon's banjo sound so good compared to other banjoists ~ different type of banjo, tuning, safety catch on.
Sheik again ~ your initial post on Panama reminds of a Tommy Cooper joke.

Man: Doctor I've broken my arm in 3 places.
Doctor: Well don't go to those places then.

I assume you know of the Lester Levy site Sheik.

Richard

Oh, Steve B, you got to see Wild Bill live at his best, I've said it before, you lucky so and so.