[Dixielandjazz] Halloween Tunes

Glen Page gpage at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 25 14:32:10 PST 2009

Here is one that I omitted. Although I am a HUGE Colyer fan I cannot get
excited about this tune. It does have a redeeming aspect though, in as much
it can be appropriately played twice a year!

I refer to "Ghost Soldier" which Ken recorded on several occasions, it would
be good for Remembrance Day as well as Halloween.

Though I cannot possibly see this tune being accredited to Dizzy Gillespie,
as was the case in the highly recommended DVD/CD package that came from the
Colyer Trust. Perhaps one of our erudite UK members can comment on this.

I will return to my official status as a "lurker" now.

Cheers,
Glen Page.