[Dixielandjazz] Auld Lang-revisited

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 10:35:05 PST 2009

In a message dated 11/23/2009 9:34:11 A.M. Central Standard Time,
sharp-b at clearwire.net writes:

I Forgot  to add, regarding the correct key - --

Ask the banjo player what key he  learned it in.

bs

How could a song be learned that is only needed once a year?  Might as
well just fake one like that!  (I'm joking folks!)

Auld Lang Syne is in the St. Louis Banjo Club book in the key of F.   We
play for sing along audiences of 75 - 100 twice a month.

Ginny
A by-the-book St. Louis banjoist.

PS:  By the way music reader's come in handy when someone  does do a
revival of shows such as Mame.  Banjoists who read scores are  becoming very
scarce.

PPS:  Related to the above I don't get too upset with the person  who
doesn't like the sound of the banjo.  Rather I get upset with the  person playing
the banjo that you did not like hearing.

PPPS:  I guess we're lucky when we reach our senior years.  The  young are
happy with their own musical creations.  And we don't mind  dying so much
since the planet is getting unrecognizable to us  anyhow.  Plus it often
"sounds terrible" to our ears.